Friday, January 6, 2012

missing Texas

I am starting to miss the little things that Texas offers. Here are just a few:

- ahhh - the tex mex (escalantes, pappasitos, morales). I think I've dropped a few because our family doesn't frequent these places 2 times a week. (I love chips)

- 60 degrees in January wearing flip flops and a light sweater

- buckling your kids in the car sans heavy coat

- donuts (grocery store ones just don't do it for me)

- drive thru donut places ( so many in Lufkin)

- a short drive to see the peeps and in laws

- some very dear friends and their sweet new babies

On the flip side - some firsts
It was a first with 11 degree weather the other morning. Having all the right gear makes a difference. I hardly even noticed.
I enjoyed watching the snow pour down all day and see Grayson's excited face as he watched.
I introduced my friends to some Pat Green (they had never heard of him.)
I had sauerkraut and pork for the new year.

I'm sure there are many more to come!!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment