Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

Fernando and I decided to take the kids to the incline to see this beautiful sight! It was an amazing view.
I didn't want to put Sadie down, because she wanted to run around on this overlook. Very nerve racking!

The Saturday before Christmas Santa comes through the neighborhood with a firetruck! The kids can hear the sirens and get so excited.

Santa passed out these lollipops and someone is enjoying...he ate on that thing for 2 hours.
Gigi and Tara came to visit. Popsy was at home - maybe we'll get him here one day! We opened some gifts from gigi and Tara. Gray was so excited.
I attempted a gingerbread house this year - my first one ever. I think I will be better next year.
Sadie got these fairies from gigi, because she loves tinkerbell. She hoarded them around the house for awhile.
Gigi gives gray a nutcracker every year and this was the biggest one yet. He was thrilled! (I won't begin to tell the story of getting that thing up here). Gigi and Tara left before Christmas. We sure did have fun and miss them.
Gray and I made cupcakes for Jesus' birthday. When we went to xmas eve church, he said - we forgot the cupcakes for his birthday! so cute
Fernando decided to whip up some egg nog with ice cream. We sure did have alot since it was just three of us (Sadie allergic to eggs and milk - so not a good combo)
We went to Christmas Eve church - it was interesting. Without a nursery for miss priss it is almost impossible....Fernando says we'll be repaid in the afterlife! Ha

I found this girl on xmas eve night like this - she stayed there for a long time and just said "night-night". Tired girl. (excuse our unfinished step after wood floor installation)

This was gray's big item from Santa, but guess who plopped on it first thing...I guess we'll be getting a pink one in April.
Gray got a robe from Uncle Ryan and loved it! I swear he is a little man.
Cabbage patch for Sadie (mommy). I loved these things! Mom fought a woman for one when I was 3. I remember getting it. ANd now they have a vintage 1983 one...It is the same one I had. Vintage - 1983?? They don't dress them like they used to. They still smell lovely.
This was our first Christmas alone. We missed our families, but had a wonderful time creating traditions and making the most of it. Our sweet neighbors invited us to her mom's for xmas dinner. The kids played and we had a beautiful dinner ( minor kid interruptions!)
Hope everyone had a fabulous Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment